weather and today

The sun is shining. I woke up this morning and the sun was shining. It's been raining almost since I've gotten home on Friday. Macon has thrown out all my rules about rain. In Michigan and even Chattanooga, the weather isn't regular by far, but the pattern of its quirks I've gotten used to, synced with. But in Macon, that still hasn't happened. One day it rained on and off all day and then picked up and rained steady all night and then didn't stop until the following evening. So much rain. I think the weather in Macon doesn't change as quickly maybe; in Michigan if it starts raining at night, it'll probably stop at least for awhile mid morning and shift to some other weather pattern. But in Macon, once you have rain, you've got it. So anyway, all that to say, I'm so glad the sun is shining. Maybe it's my farmer family but my mood is closely connected to the weather. Whenever I talk to my grandparents on the phone and even my parents, they'll ask me hows the weather? I tell them, usually in long intrinsic detail, knowing that they're subconsciously asking me how I'm doing. Then I'll ask them, is the snow sticking yet? and then they'll tell me everything in even more detail, the temperature, the wind direction and estimated wind chill, the amount of snow or rain, how bright the sun is. Our lives are completely connected to the weather and I like it that way. It can be a bit dreary and dull if you don't get it, but I love weather. always have. When Hurricane Sandy came through, all I did was watch the radar and talk about it, the effects and implications, the wind currents and airflow. And today, the weather, the sun shining and the completely blue skies and the chilly nip in the air, is perfect for today, lifegiving and full, perfect for a Christmas break. Now I just have to wait till the fam comes home from work to share it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

writing at JCup

transitions

Everything into Enough