Cranky dripping Monday, Sitting in the back and wishing I could sleep. Getting in their faces because they can't either. It's too much, all this dripping. Better is a rooftop than a castle with a cranky woman; Better anywhere than a classroom of discontents. Nothing is blessing; it's all pushing. Labor and pain and pushing. The night endures forever and Where the heck is the morning? Attitude. She got an attitude already, Says fifth period. And I smile, To prove them wrong And to warn them with a sassy smirk of attitude. If I can hold out two, even three, hours; This too shall pass. But tomorrow is Tuesday And I hate Tuesdays.
Hi all you Internet friends. I have been thinking a lot about age: being young and being old. I feel old when I shop for Spanx (yes, that did happen), when I rent storage units, when I buy coffee at Shell stations so I can do fourteen-hour roadtrips, when I go to bed at ten-thirty, when I know what pro-rated rent is, when I can book plane tickets without a hitch. I feel young when I use the handle of a large cast iron skillet to pry open the hood of my car at the said Shell station, when I wear beaded moccasins without socks, when I listen to my grandpa's stories and realize most of his life happened before I was born, when my bare face sunburns and I don't wash my hair for three days. Age is a funny thing; it is relative and it is existential and it is beyond me. I feel that I will always be young, that I am somehow innately youthful, that muscles will last, that hair won't thin, that my stories won't grow cold. But then I think about my grandparents; I will on...
So I linked up to Kendi Everyday 's 30 for 30 challenge that starts on June 13. If you're unfamiliar with her 30 for 30, you basically create thirty different outfits using only thirty items of clothing. For me, my wardrobe is extremely limited, and thirty different outfits is a big deal. (Not to mention my daily uniform as a camp counselor is gym shorts and t-shirts). So I'm tweaking the challenge a little. I plan on doing thirty outfits over the rest of the summer (about two months), instead of thirty days, and I'm also including shopping in the challenge (optional for this 30 for 30). Ultimately my goal is to build a wardrobe through creatively using what I already have and then purchasing some other items to round it all out. My hope is that by the fall I'll have a great foundational wardrobe once I go back to college. Clothes have always been a struggle for me. In high school clothes showed what group you were in, and although I tried to model my outfits ...
Comments
Post a Comment